Coppers Classic 2023
Do you love handbells? Do you have a passion to learn, to create the most musical experience of each composition and to celebrate your music making with others who share your joy? Then Coppers Classic is definitely for you!
HOW DOES IT WORK
- Musicians complete an online registration. Click here for registration page.
- Payment is made online via PayPal only.
- Each musician is assigned a part (i.e., E/F6-7) which they will ring throughout the event.
- Musicians purchase their own scores and learn their part to the best of their ability on their own. The event provides useful tips for personal practice and sets up a group email so local rehearsals can be organized and announced.
- Event rehearsals begin on Friday morning, March 24, 2023 and continue through Sunday March 26, 2023.
- A public concert is held Sunday, March 26, 2023, 4pm.
NOTE: Throughout fall 2022, Covid, flu, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) cases have been on the rise. For this reason, we strongly suggest Covid vaccines, updated boosters, and flu vaccines for all registrants and attendees of the 2023 Coppers Classic event. Masks are also strongly urged for those who are able to wear them. Coppers Classic volunteers will continue to watch the infection rates and will follow the guidelines mandated by the Oregon Health Authority.
MINI WORKSHOP Thurs, March 23, 7-8:30
(optional and open to the public)
Select this link for workshop information!
Pay for workshop below:
CLASSY EVENT POLO (optional)
Select this link for polo information!
Pay for polo(s) below:
Handbell musicians from Area 10 may apply for scholarships to Coppers Classic. There is one adult scholarship and one full-time student scholarship available. The scholarship includes full registration fee plus up to $50 towards the purchase of music. Click here before January 16, 2023 to apply.
Coppers Classic 2023 will be held at the Monarch Hotel and Conference Center (12566 SE 93rd Avenue, Clackamas, OR 97015). Standard rooms are available with king or two double beds may be reserved for $119/night.
Winner of the 2019 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, the facility is beautifully maintained and offers many amenities. Book your room today!
HOW TO GET THERE
Monarch Hotel and Event Center Maps & Directions