Handbell Musicians of America
Area 10 Scholarships and Awards Policy
Coppers Classic 2024, April 5-7, 2024
• Coppers Classic Adult Musician Scholarship
The Coppers Classic Adult Musician Scholarship was established in 2016 with generous donations from the clinician, musicians and audience members at the event concert. The fund provides one full award of the registration for Coppers Classic to an adult attendee residing in Area 10. And, new this year, we have added one scholarship for a musician from outside of Area 10!
• Coppers Classic Full-Time Student Musician Scholarship
The Coppers Classic Full-Time Student Musician Scholarship was established in 2016 with generous donations from the clinician, musicians and audience members at the event concert. The fund provides one full award of the registration for Coppers Classic to a Full-Time Student attendee residing in Area 10.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 8, 2024
Scholarship Awards Policies
1. The Area 10 Coppers Classic Scholarships may be awarded to those applicants who:
a) are current members of Handbell Musicians of America and who reside in Area 10 or other areas of Handbell Musicians of America. Applicants must hold a personal Handbell Musician or Full-Time Student membership to Handbell Musicians of America.
b) submit their application postmarked no later than the posted deadline for application.
c) show a background in handbells and a desire to grow as a handbell musician.
2. Applicants will be notified within two (2) weeks of the application deadline.
3. The amount of the scholarship shall be equal to the amount of the registration cost for the event, plus a stipend of up to $50 to reimburse for the cost of music.
4. Scholarship recipients are responsible for their own travel, lodging, meals not covered by registration, incidental expenses, and any additional fees for the event not covered by the base registration fee.
5. Within 30 days of the close of the event, recipients are expected to submit a brief follow-up report of their event experience. This report may be used by Area 10 to promote the scholarship program in the future.
6. Funds for awards will be forwarded directly to the event registrar or Area 10 Treasurer on behalf of the recipient. No funds will be paid directly to the recipient.
7. Members of the Area 10 Board of Directors, the Scholarship Committee and their immediate family members shall be ineligible for scholarship awards during their term of office.
Apply for a 2024 Scholarship Here