Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you’ve found safe ways to ring and share music in 2021 and are looking forward to Coppers Classic in March 2022. While it has taken us three years to get here, this is the 5th Anniversary of Coppers Classic, and we aim to have a safe and celebratory event!
- The Early Bird Registration Deadline is January 15, 2022! Head to the registration page (https://coppersclassic.com/register/) to take advantage of this discount.
- Take advantage, too, of a $20 discount on your Handbell Musicians of America membership with code ACMD2021 at https://handbellmusicians.org/membership/join-the-guild/. Offer expires January 7, 2022!
You may have noticed that we are including bell trees in the repertoire again this year. We’ve been doing this nearly since day one, but it seems especially timely this year, as so many of you have been playing bell trees in order to keep up your skills and also to have music to offer during the darkest days of the pandemic. There are two bell tree parts, but I believe it would be even more fun if we had more than two bell tree musicians. Interested? Drop me a note (email@example.com) for details on how you can be one of the bell tree soloists!
Most of us expected the pandemic to be in the rear-view mirror by now but it is still here. What has changed is that we have tools and understandings that allow us to do more things like ring together with precautions. We take your well-being seriously and have put some guidelines in place to help keep the event as seamless as possible.
- All participants need to show proof of vaccination.
- All participants must wear masks at all times indoors, either an N95 or double layers with a disposable mask covered by a cloth mask which has multiple layers including a filter.
- We will modify the daily schedule to allow for some longer breaks so musicians can leave the rehearsal space and get outside for some fresh air. In order to make this work, Aguinaldo Isabelino and Flower Duet will be moved to the 2023 repertoire.
- The Monarch Hotel and Conference Center states: “The Monarch Hotel and Conference Center has remained operational throughout the Covid-19 pandemic and is a committed partner in following all health and safety guidelines as outlined by the Oregon Health Authority, the CDC and Oregon Governor Brown’s Office.” A detailed list of their protocol is on their website at https://monarchhotel.cc.Coppers Classic is shaping up to be a great event and it will be the very best with you in the ensemble. We look forward to seeing you and your fellow musicians in March.
Have a wonderful New Year. Be well. Stay safe.